- Just because I look fine and I smile doesn’t mean I’m: I know I look wonderful the expression of health… I call it cortisone or biologic!
- Mine is not just a pain and rheumatic diseases are not only related to old people : I know when I say my back hurts or my legs or any part of my body hurts you say c’mon you are not old
- A nap some days can help me do not make fun of it: there are some days that i really need a nap I need to rest my entire body, and you thing I’m spoiled!
- Be on a diet or taking more pill will not cure me: only few can understand that i be on a special diet such gluten free, vegan or taking all the pills for arthritis pain will cure!
- My pains affect not only me but everyone in my family: my pains affect all the people that live with me, because they have to deal with me in good or bad! That’s why mom and dad can understand you but make sure you choose the right husband like I did 🙂
Posted in Knowledge, Love yourself, Self Management
Tagged ankylosing spondilitis spondilosis yoga rheumatic diseases, artrite reumatoide, Asana, belly dancing, chronic diseases, Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, Conditions and Diseases, exercise, fibromialgia, fibromyalgia treatment, Health, malattie reumatiche, reumatologia, studio clinico, Zumba
Vacation for everyone is relax, for us with our diseases must be only relax…. is that true?
The truth is that a vacation has to be spent at the best, no matter if we go to the beach, to the mountain, to visit nice cities around the world.
What do we have to remember:
- Don’t forget your medication and have a certificate that state you have to take them. There are some airlines specially low cost that can give you problems in case you carry biologics treatments. Remember your medications and all your papers must travel with your carry on.
- If you book a long trip make sure you can reach your final destination maybe in more than one step ( i.e. I had to go from south Italy to Guam I decided to have a stop over in South Korea so I rested and I visited Seul and follow my trip) Instead to travel more than 26 hours I traveled half.
- If you travel by plane or by train choose an aisle it will be easier for you to stand up and move. You know you cannot be in the same position for long.
- Ask for assistance at the airport at the train station, where ever you are and you go is your right they will make your trip easier and help who is traveling with you do not get stressed during the vacation.
- Make plan before to enjoy every single day of your free time. ( make sure all the opening and closing time, what to see, where to eat).
Ok then so now you only need your ticket and you are ready to go… Enjoy your summer!
Posted in Love yourself, Travel
Tagged ankylosing spondilitis spondilosis yoga rheumatic diseases, Ankylosing spondylitis, malattie reumatiche, medication, paziente, reumatologia, rheumatic diseases, rheumatic diseases in children, Rheumatism, Rheumatoid arthritis, spondilite, Spondylosis, Travel, yoga
my post today is regarding us with rheumatic diseases but even regarding all the people with rheumatic diseases, they can be women or men doesn’t matter.
I read in a lot of forum that couple broke up after one of the partner get sick and need help or just need to be understood. This is so bad and of course upset us so much….
But at the same time we can realize that the person we have chosen is not the right one, rather you got married in a church or not the sentence “for better or for worse in health and disease” is completely forgot from who in the couple is not sick unless the love is REAL and DEEP.
So what to do ?
be focus on us try to be better as we can and let him or her go we do not deserve more pain!
Another advise ? I’ve got married this year at 42 years old, and my love took me and my pain in one shot, he knows it can worst but he knows i’m a warrior.
Be a warrior be focus on you and if your partner is not good to be next to you, just CHANGE IT !
Waiting for your comments…
Wish you a flare free week.
Posted in Knowledge, Love yourself, Self Management
Tagged ankylosing spondilitis spondilosis yoga rheumatic diseases, Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, Conditions and Diseases, fibromialgia, Health, malattie reumatiche, Pregnancy, rheumatic diseases, Rheumatism
Someone in private messages asked my opinion on birth control and rheumatic diseases.
As a patient as a woman this question make me think a lot.
If I have to follow what is published online i get lost, the only thing i can say and this is just my opinion is trust the Rheumatologist and the the Gyno, that sometimes can work together and advise the patient for the best.
Probably these 2 Docs can advise on the best birth control for us without give us others comorbidities.
If you want to comment or give me your personal opinion please do it!
I will be happy to publish your comments.
I wish you a flare free week.
EFCCA : Survey on Biologics & Biosimilars
If you think that is interesting, please share and take few minutes for the survey.
If you want to express your opinion in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Greek just click and partecipate at the survey.
here I’m back with my tips… Have you ever try to do yoga ? I love it, here some new tips to share with you.
Try it and give me feed back…
I promise one day I will record my own video just to exercise together.
Ciao a tutti,
Eccomi qui con dei nuovi consigli…. Avete mai provato a fare Yoga? A me piace tanto, per questo voglio condividere con voi questi consigli e attendo i vostri feedback.
Vi prometto prima o poi giro anch’io un video così da praticare insieme Yoga.
Posted in Exercise
Tagged artrite reumatoide, as, fibromialgia, Fitness, malattie reumatiche, RA, rheumatic diseases, rheumatic diseases in children, Rheumatic fever, Rheumatism, spondilite, Spondylosis, yoga
Dear Friend I just discovered this and I want to share with you.
People like us that have problems with our back should practice slowly movments like that to help our back.
Enjoy the lesson….
Cari amici è un piacere condividere un video appena scoperto.
Le persone che come noi hanno problemi alla schiena dovrebbero praticare una ginnastica dolce che aiuti con la schiena.